Greetings, Guardians. Today we welcome back Guardian Games! From May 2 to May 23, the annual celebration of our favorite classes and a time for friendly competition between our fellow Guardians will be available for all players. We’ve got new rewards, a returning game mode, class-based matchmaking, and another shot at getting the statue in the Tower. There’s no sleeping on the dream, so let’s get into it!
As always, medals are the name of the game. Complete your favorite activities to earn medallions that can be banked in the Tower. The class with the most medallions at the end of the day wins that day, but it all comes down to who had the most winning days.
Want to put in extra work for your class? We got you. Head on over to the OG of GGs, Eva Levante, to pick up a Contender Card and earn some shiny gold and platinum medals for the squad. The winning class will have bragging rights, as well as a commemorative statue on display in the Tower for the entire year. Go for the gusto. Go for the win.
It’s time now for precision, Guardian. Guardian Games 2023 marks the return of the Supremacy Crucible mode. Steady your sights and strike your target to collect their crest in this high paced returning Crucible mode.
What Are Ya Playin’?
In addition to all your favorite activities rewarding medallions, we’ve got some more ways to band together and earn medallions with your fellow Guardians.
First up, we’ve got the classic Guardian Games playlist featuring Battlegrounds and strikes that should be familiar to veteran players and a new way to play for newer Guardians. The playlist has three different ways to play: Recreational, Training, and Competitive.
Recreational is where you’ll get your bearings and get ready for the trials and tribulations of the other playlists. The Guardian Games: Recreational playlist will be available all week and scoring will be enabled. Once you’ve had enough time to stretch in the Recreational playlist, you’ll want to head over to the Training playlist.
In the Training playlist, you’ll find one strike available each week. Scoring will be enabled, so throw on that build that makes everything explode—looking at you Void Titans—and pump those numbers up.
Not to be outdone, we have the Guardian Games: Competitive playlist. Now this isn’t a playlist to mess around with – this is for those that want a challenge and some extra gear. This playlist is only up during the weekend, scoring is available and here’s the kicker: certain scores mean more rewards. Make your mark in this playlist and take home the hardware back to the Tower to show other classes what they’re missing.
It wouldn’t be a party without gifts, right? We’ve got you covered with new rewards up for grabs:
- Taraxippos – Can you be-weave it? A Strand Scout Rifle locked and loaded just for Guardian Games!
- The Title – You know it, you love it, you might even have one, but if you don’t, you’ll want to pick up this exclusive Guardian Games Legendary Submachine Gun before the event ends.
- New Cosmetics – Show up to the party in new cosmetics and ensure your fireteam will never ask, “Is that what you’re wearing?” again.
- New Armor Ornaments – If you’re going to win, you have to win in style. We’ve got some new threads in the Eververse ready for your perusal.
- And more!
High Role-r, Keep Going
You know your role and play it well. To turn up the heat on the competition a little bit, we’re introducing class-based matchmaking for the event. Whether you’re dicing deep into the Guardian Games playlist or want or showing rival classes how you roll in Supremacy, you can match up with other Guardians in your class.
You Stay Classy, Guardian
Guardian Games is a global celebration of what it means to be a Guardian. From Paris to Texas, Guardians from around the world are going to compete against one another for the ultimate prize: that beautiful statue in the Tower. Oh, and year-long bragging rights, of course.
While banking medallions and grabbing crests will be at the top of mind, remember to have fun. I’ll be out there trying to make my fellow Titans proud. I hope to see you there doing the same for your favorite class.
Fight through the Ascendant Plane and rise as one against the Shadow Legion in a new matchmade activity. Discover new rewards include new Exotic weapons and gear.
Dive into the world of Destiny 2 to explore the mysteries of the solar system and experience responsive first-person shooter combat. Unlock powerful elemental abilities and collect unique gear to customize your Guardian’s look and playstyle. Enjoy Destiny 2’s cinematic story, challenging co-op missions, and a variety of PvP modes alone or with friends. Download for free today and write your legend in the stars.
AN IMMERSIVE STORY
You are a Guardian, defender of the Last City of humanity in a solar system under siege by infamous villains. Look to the stars and stand against the darkness. Your legend begins now.
Choose from the armored Titan, mystic Warlock, or swift Hunter.
• Disciplined and proud, Titans are capable of both aggressive assaults and stalwart defenses. Set your hammer ablaze, crack the sky with lightning, and go toe-to-toe with any opponent. Your team will stand tall behind the strength of your shield.
• Warlocks weaponize the mysteries of the universe to sustain themselves and destroy their foes. Rain devastation on the battlefield and clear hordes of enemies in the blink of an eye. Those who stand with you will know the true power of the Light.
• Agile and daring, Hunters are quick on their feet and quicker on the draw. Fan the hammer of your golden gun, flow through enemies like the wind, or strike from the darkness. Find the enemy, take aim, and end the fight before it starts.
COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER
Play with or against your friends and other Guardians in various PvE and PvP game modes.
• Exciting co-op adventures teeming await with rare and powerful rewards. Dive into the story with missions, quests, and patrols. Put together a small fireteam and secure the chest at the end of a quick Strike. Or test your team’s skill with countless hours of raid progression – the ultimate challenge for any fireteam. You decide where your legend begins.
• Face off against other players in fast-paced free-for-all skirmishes, team arenas, and PvE/PvP hybrid competitions. Mark special competitions like Iron Banner on your calendar and collect limited-time rewards before they’re gone.
EXOTIC WEAPONS AND ARMOR
Thousands of weapons, millions of options. Discover new gear combinations and define your own personal style. The hunt for the perfect arsenal begins.
105 GB hard drive storage space required as of November 10, 2020. Subject to change. Requires broadband internet. After November 10, 2020 see http://www.destinythegame.com/size-requirements for current requirements prior to purchase.
Destiny 2 may contain flashing patterns and images that may produce adverse effects for a small percentage of people sensitive to them.
Bungie, Inc. makes no guarantee regarding the availability of online play or features and may modify or discontinue online services with reasonable notice at any time. Using the software constitutes acceptance of the Destiny Software License Agreement available at http://www.bungie.net/sla.
© 2023 Bungie, Inc. All rights reserved. Destiny, the Destiny Logo, Bungie and the Bungie Logo are trademarks of Bungie, Inc. Published and distributed by Bungie, Inc.
Redfall Available Now on Xbox Series X|S and Game Pass
Xbox Insiders – Your Feedback Shapes the New Home Experience
Take Your Hunt to the Next Level in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, Out Today
Source: MajorNelson Xbox News