In November, the Winter Update brought a host of new maps, modes, and features to Halo Infinite. One of the most exciting additions was the Forge Beta, a powerful fan-favorite toolset that Spartans have used to unleash their creativity since its inception in Halo 3. We’re happy to announce that, as of January 2, more than 1 million creations have been forged!
We followed up the release of the Forge Beta with the addition of the Custom Game Browser in December, allowing players to host and connect to custom matches, including Forge creations. As of January 2, more than 8.5 million custom matches had been played since Custom Game Browser launched.
Earlier this month, we featured four amazing community Forge creations in the Community Collection playlist, which has been the most popular Halo Infinite playlist since the game’s launch. This playlist will continue to be updated with even more community content in the future, so stay tuned!
As a refresher, the maps included in the Community Collection thus far are:
- Credits: Anvil Prime 52, Savesme6464, b0b is here
- Bookmark: Absolution
- A map we previously showed off in our third issue of Forge Features, Absolution has some familiar aspects of a few different maps—from Halo 2’s Sanctuary to Halo 3’s Guardian, with that weathered, stone-based Forerunner aesthetic that defined the look of Delta Halo.
- Credits: Sikamikanico, Whos Blaze, UnknownEmerald, tdubfed1, Bubba
- Bookmark: Perilous
- While not a direct remake of the iconic Lockout from Halo 2, many areas of this map carry elements of that beloved classic that lend a hint of familiarity to this new space.
- Credits: Black Picture, InfiniteForges, Hofsta, tdubfed1
- Bookmark: Salvation
- Damnation from Halo: Combat Evolved sees a fresh coat of Banished paint and a beautifully revamped industrial aesthetic within a vast cavern.
- Credits: Pwn Jones, TheHoodedManZ, bissuetox, The MetaChief, Hitbox unKnown, Max Extra
- Bookmark: Starboard
- All hands have been summoned to battle stations on this stunning UNSC-ified spiritual remake of Halo 2’s Midship.
The Halo community continues to blow us away with the breadth of its imagination and innovation, and we have many more plans for Forge, from a Mini Game mode to new map budget categories to help support your creativity. We’re so excited to see what’s created next in Forge, and can’t wait to jump into Season 3: Echoes Within with you on March 7.
Overwatch 2: Check Out the Kiriko One-Punch Man Collaboration Skin (and How It Was Made)
Free Play Days – Diablo III: Eternal Collection, Train Life: A Railway Simulator, and Human Fall Flat
How Modding Passion Brought UGC-Focused Leap to Life – Available Now
Source: MajorNelson Xbox News