Rockstar has announced GTA+, a new subscription service for Grand Theft Auto Online. It will only be available for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of the game, and will launch on March 29.
GTA+ will cost $5.99 per month, and provide subscribers with a recurring monthly bank deposit of GTA$500,000, ensuring players have plenty of cash to spend in the online open-world. There will also be a “wide-range” of members only bonuses, including exclusive properties, vehicles, upgrades, discounts, and cash/RP bonuses. Rockstar also mentions that there will be the ability to unlock gameplay updates that “you may have missed out on”, suggesting previously time-limited content may be accessible with GTA+.
The first month of GTA+, which will span March 29 through to April 27, will provide the following content:
- GTA$500,000, available to withdraw from your Maze Bank account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight – a super car that comes with Hao’s Special Works upgrade and the the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries. (This will eventually be made available to purchase by the general public.)
- The Auto Shop property located in La Mesa. This introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts will be added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
Additionally, GTA+ members can purchase members-only Shark Cards that come with extra bonus cash. These are purchasable from the PS Store or Microsoft Store.
On top of the headline content, each month will see a variety of exclusive rewards for GTA+ subscribers to claim. These can be found at stores on the GTA Online web browser, such as Legendary Motorsport, Hao’s Special Works, Maze Bank Foreclosures, and DockTease.
Grand Theft Auto V was re-released on current-gen consoles earlier this month. Take a look at our GTA V graphics comparison between PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X to see how it looks on new hardware. If you’re thinking about jumping in on PS5 or Xbox Series X, be sure to take a look at how to transfer your GTA Online save data across to next-gen.
Matt Purslow is IGN’s UK News and Entertainment Writer.
Source: IGN Video Games All