Cyberpunk 2077 is getting its first hotfix patch less than 48 hours after an aggressively buggy launch. CD Projekt Red says the update fixes a number of issues with quest bugs, visual bugs, stability, and more.
Hotfix 1.04 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. CD Projekt says it is working on getting the update available on Xbox consoles “as soon as possible.”
One of the more notable fixes pertains to the controversial braindance sequences, which featured red and white flashing lights that could cause players with epilepsy to have seizures. CDPR says the 1.04 update modifies the lighting effect to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms, reducing the flashing in frequency and magnitude.
CDPR has also removed copyrighted songs present in the game’s DMCA-friendly “disable copyrighted music” feature, which presented the streamer community with the huge issue of possibly being demonetized or having their content taken down following a DMCA strike.
Here’s CDPR’s full list of each fix in the 1.04 update.
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.
Cyberpunk 2077 launched just late Wednesday evening here in North America, perhaps coming in a little too hot as numerous players lamented the number of significant bugs and graphical issues present throughout the game. Console players particularly got the short end of the stick, with base PS4 and Xbox One users experiencing significant graphical downgrades compared to the PC version.
Check out the latest episode of IGN Now to hear our thoughts on how CD Projekt Red missed the mark with its last-gen failure.
Joseph Knoop is a writer/producer/netrunner for IGN.
Source: IGN Video Games All