Alpha footage from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s multiplayer appears to have leaked online, revealing a number of details about the mode ahead of its planned reveal on September 9.
The multiplayer footage appears to have been accidentally streamed on Twitch by user DougisRaw for around seven minutes, with a four-minute segment of that stream being captured and circulated online.
There is a lot to glean from the footage of the 6v6 VIP Escort match, which takes place on a new map set in Miami, and follows DougisRaw as they attempt to stop the enemy VIP from reaching an extraction point. Here’s everything we noticed:
- The four starting classes are Stealth Ops, Pointman, Grenadier, Fire Support and Double Agent.
- Weapons have five attachment slots and level-based progression.
- Some weapons shown in the footage include the XM4, the AK-74u, the M16 and the Gallo SA12 Shotgun.
- Every loadout has a Tactical, Lethal and Field Upgrade slot, which is filled by the ‘Field Mic’ equipment in this footage.
- Perks include Tactical Mask, Flak Jacket, Quartermaster, Scavenger, Ninja and Ghost.
- Every loadout has a ‘Wildcards’ slot that lets players modify their loadout. One custom class features a wildcard called ‘Perk Greed’ which appears to let players take two perks per section.
- Another Wildcard called ‘Danger Close’ looks as if it provides double tactical and lethal grenades.
- It looks like multiplayer maps open with a quick cinematic – in this case, the team jumps out of a van.
- Players only have one life each and can be incapacitated and revived in VIP Escort – the match ends when a team wins four rounds.
- Each player has a visual health bar that gets depleted as they’re shot.
- The two factions in this particular mission are known as the CIA and the DGI.
- The round ends with a montage of the ‘Best Play’ of the game.
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-campaign-screenshots&captions=true”]
In other Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War news, check out this Nvidia RTX On trailer for the game that showcases ray-traced graphics. The release date for the game’s PS4 beta was leaked recently due to the Call of Duty: WW2 in-game storefront.
The full game will launch later this year on November 13 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, with next-gen versions of the game coming at a later date.
Jordan Oloman is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow him on Twitter.
Source: IGN Video Games All